Save and Protect Yourself From the Major Sun Hazard on the Course; Learn the Pro Tips and Helpful Golf Accessories
Opponents on the course can be anyone or anything...
But come to think of it, did it ever cross your mind that the biggest opponent on the greens isn’t the best players in the world like Tiger Woods or some famous golfers out there and neither the bunker nor the water hazards but the SUN!?
Yes! You read it right; it's the SUN.
Sun exposure is an occupational hazard in the course. It is evident that being exposed to the sun for an extended period can be severely detrimental to our health.
The UV radiation can damage our eyes, skin cells and can cause not just sunburn but other worse skin diseases.
According to the Cancer Council, each year in Australia skin cancer accounts for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers, with the majority of skin cancers being caused by exposure to the sun. Golfers are the ones that are at risk most affected by this kind of disease. It can be severely dangerous to us golfers if not treated immediately.
Be Aware of Skin Cancer, Take note of it's Forms!
1. Basal Cell Carcinoma - Occasional sun exposure causes this mildest and most common form of cancer. It starts with skin irritation, the sore will not heal, and it will just slowly grow.
2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma - This is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells arising in the squamous cells and can be a much faster grower than Basal Cell. Golfer’s who are overly exposed to the sun during rounds are more likely to acquire this skin abnormality.
3. Melanoma - This is the most serious and deadliest form of skin cancer because it is more likely to spread. Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that arises when pigment-producing cells (melanocytes) mutate and become cancerous. This is caused by years and years of playing under the sun without any sun protection.
But let’s focus on the bright spot ,we have ways to prevent these deadly diseases so there’s nothing to worry about. Just make sure to remember and practice all easy- peasy friendly precautions we will share to keep you safe while playing all your rounds.
Never Compromise Your Skin Protection, Learn the Pro Ways on How to Protect Your Skin All Throughout Your Game
Use sunscreen every time you play - This is the most common way of protecting your skin from UV rays. Re-apply sunscreen every two hours. However, most golfers don’t like the idea of putting sunscreen as it may affect their club grip and often leads to reduced swing speed. We suggest that you pay attention to this before it’s too late!
Protect Your Eyes, Wear Sunglasses - Not only do they protect your eyes from UV radiation but also improve your visibility and reduces glare. Sunglasses block the UV rays from the sun and reduces glare for optimum safety and protection.
Wear Your Golf Caps and Visors - The right golf cap will give the necessary shade to your face and reduces exposure to the sun, making your sensitive face skin protected.
Wear Long Sleeve and Pants - It is best to cover yourself with protective clothing. Some of the golfers find it uncomfortable wearing these, but everyone is aware that these clothing play a significant role in protecting your skin from the heat of the sun.
Get Hydrated - If you want to beat the heat, it is essential to keep yourself well hydrated. Drink water before, during and after your rounds. Tap water is preferable that cold water.
Avoid Exposure During Peak Sun Hours - A study shows that the peak sun intensity hours start at 10 am to 3 pm. This encourages golfers to play golf when the sun isn’t that intense to avoid eye and skin damage.
Beat the Heat with Your Golf Arm Sleeve. Arm Sleeve will give you ultimate protection without compromising your performance. Be sure to pick the right Arm Sleeve with the following features:
1. Total Sun Protection - It should provide UPF 50+ UV block for superior sun damaged defense and pre-treated material with UV-inhibiting formula for enhanced sun protection technology.
2. Ice Feel Comfort - Should have multi-layered fabric for rapid moisture extraction to keep you feeling cool all throughout your rounds. Should contain Crystal Silica with up to 3° Celsius of instant cooling effect and dissipates heat quickly to keep you comfortable while doing your optimal swings!
3. Cool Dry Breathability - the quality of materials used should have an advanced moisture extraction pores to keep you dry all throughout your rounds.
Putting all these in your mind will definitely spare you from getting skin cancer. Among these tips, wearing an arm sleeve is the easiest and less complicated way of protecting yourself because we are giving it away for FREE!